- Recruited 3 adults to drive
- Invited 8 people (plus the birthday girl is 9)
- Split the guests into 3 teams at random
- Each adult driver is paired up with a team of 3 guests
- Scavenger hunt started and ended prompty with penalties for lateness
This was a heavily themed party. We started out with unique invitations hand delivered one month in advance to assure proper notice. I purchased white cardboard mailing boxes 6" X 4" X 2". Inside the box I included a bed of "polka dot" themed candies - Skittles and M&Ms. This was mainly to cover up the hidden color coded sticker that was stuck to the bottom inside of the box. This is how we randomly picked the teams. I also included instructions for the hunt, boundries, maps, tips and tricks for codes and ciphers that may be included in the hunt. I also included a secret hidden message that was written in code. On the top of the stack of papers I added a magnet with "Save the Date" information. All of this was printed on my home computer and cut to fit inside the boxes. I'll add more details later.
If you're interested in planning your own driving scavenger hunt and you would like some help, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.